Friday, October 19, 2007

Recipe: Long beans with Sambal Belachan


See that dark parts there? That small bits are so flavourful that I only need an itsy bitsy bit to eat with your plan rice. I kept the veges crisp though, as there is nothing worse than soggy stir-fry vegetables. This is a Malaysian dish, using belachan paste, dried shrimps and chillies.

Well, I used crispy prawn chillies that I bought from supermarkets, once I found a good brand, I tend to stick to it. I recommend DeliChef Crispy Prawn Chilli. It is so yummy and moreish.

*************************************************************************************
This is my recipe:

(Click for larger pic)

Ingredients:

300g long beans - cut into 3cms in length
1 tbsp dried shrimp - chopped
1 tbsp crispy prawn chillies
1/2 tbsp of belachan paste
2 cloves garlic - chopped finely
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp oil
salt to taste


Method:

1. Heat up oil in a wok under high heat. Add dried shrimps and fry for 4 minutes or until crispy. Remove and leave aside.
2. Saute garlic in the remaining oil until golden brown.
3. Add belachan paste and stir well until fragrant.
4. Add crispy prawn chillies and fry for 30 seconds.
5. Add beans and water and fry for 3 minutes.
6. Serve warm with rice.

No comments: