Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Recipe: Creamy Spaghetti with Pork Sausages and Mushrooms

Spaghetti (Sausages + Mushrooms + Cream) + Parsley = DARN GOOD PASTA
(CLICK FOR LARGER PIC)

This pasta is so darn good that I smacked myself on the head thinking why did I never think of making this dish before!? Last night feeling hungry and in an intense need-food-now mode, I find myself rummaging the fridge to see what fresh ingredients I have. There is no time for cooking rice and dishes, my hunger could not wait.

When I saw the pork sausages and mushrooms, my mind was already thinking of making a dish with sausages and mushrooms. When a bottle of cream came into my view (leftover from my lasagna dish), I thought, "Brilliant!! Pasta it is!"


Porky Sausages

Seriously, this is so freaking tasty that I find myself gasping for air as I furiously shoved mounds of spaghettis into my eager mouth. The concoction is just perfect, meaty sausages with earthy fresh button mushrooms all combined together in a creamy sauce with sprinkling of parsley. Every single strand of spaghetti was coated with sauce and bits of parsley. It was so tasty and satisfying!

For you pasta lovers out there, you just got to try out this recipe! Believe me, you won't regret it. You can thank me later. =D

*************************************************************************************
This is my recipe:


Ingredients:

Spaghetti for 2 servings
3 pork sausages
2 cup of fresh button mushrooms - sliced evenly
4 cloves of garlic - minced finely
1/4 cup of fresh parsley - chopped finely
1/2 cup of cream
salt and pepper to taste


Method:


1. Cook spaghetti as per instruction on the back of the packet.
2. Meanwhile, cook the sausages on a separate pan in oil until cooked. Remove and chop the sausages into even bite-sized pieces. Leave aside.
3. Sweat the garlic in the same pan. Add the mushrooms and mix well for 3 minutes until mushrooms soften.
4. Add the chopped sausages and mix well.
5. Add the spaghetti and cream. Stir well.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Lastly, turn off the fire and add the parsley.
7. Combine everything well together and bon appetite!

*************************************************************************************

gimme more
(CLICK FOR LARGER PIC)

11 comments:

Agnes said...

This phrase made me laugh! "I find myself gasping for air as I furiously shoved mounds of spaghettis into my eager mouth"

It looks and sounds delish! :)

Ginger said...

Hi agnes! OMG! I can't believe I just said that!! LOL!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

haha just full cream??..i shud give this a try..just need to check on how much calories that cream will do to me..

Ginger said...

Hi Joe! Yep, just cream. Lol, this is definitely not the food for you if you're on a detox!

Hungry Hamster said...

I normally don't eat pork sausages but they look really good here!!

Ginger said...

Hi hungry hamster! Do you really? Why not? The pork sausages here is really good.

crushedguava said...

war you can cook something out of nothing wan ah?

Ginger said...

Hi crushedguava! Not out of nothing lah! HAHA! It's just something simple and robust from basic ingredients. =)

crushedguava said...

haha but its seems like you don't need to plan to go and buy stuff from the market. you want to eat then can get stuff from fridge and take out and cook. fuyo. not bad.

Ginger said...

Hi crushedguava! Yah, that's true.. I just buy whatever that's in season in the market.. =)

Anonymous said...

what type of cream did u use? thanks.