Sunday, September 23, 2007

Roast Duck with Fragrant Garlic Rice

Home made garlic and ginger rice with roast duck


You didn't think that I made that roast duck, did you? Of course not! Lol. I felt like having roast duck today, but I was feeling really reluctant to venture out of my warm home into the dark and freezing night. And so, I asked J to buy roast duck from our favourite suburb Hong Kong restaurant and I made our own fragrant special rice to go with it.

While he was away buying the duck, I prepared the rice. To make the rice extra special, I made ginger and garlic oil. I simply minced 4 cloves of garlic and a small knob of ginger finely and microwave it in the oven with a little bit of oil until crispy. Before cooking the rice, I simply mix in the fragrant mixture of garlic and ginger with a little bit of salt. (Btw, I normally cook my rice in the microwave, it is really easy and simple to wash up later)

By the time J got back, the kitchen smelled wonderfully of the rice and we were ready to tuck in!



Half of a roasted duck for $11. A bargain, I must say.



Succulent and juicy


There's a little container of sweetish salty sauce that came with the roast duck. It went marvelously well with the fragrant rice and the delicious duck. I also chopped up some fiery red chillies to go with it as being the Malaysian I am, I need heat in my food. Hah!



Our dinner with white wine

That's the sweetish savory sauce in the green bowl. It was quite mild in taste and went really well the the duck and rice.


Pardon the laptop. We were eating and watching TVB series in our living room with the heater on. I must add that the wine kept me warm, too, though it did not really have any impact on J. I am kinda alcohol-intolerant. Haha!

Can you already tell that it was a really enjoyable dinner even though how simple it was? I am a happy gal today.

No comments: