Saturday, July 28, 2007

Sydney Trip - Part 1 (Hontou/Dorayaki Street Stall)

Recently I've graduated and am back in Malaysia after spending many years in wonderful Land of Down Under. While I was studying in Melbourne (5 years), I took the opportunity to travel around Australia during uni breaks - taking advantages of cheaper flights and student rates. Sydney's one of my favourites, and thats why I've been there 3 times. Lol.


Sydney Opera House and Sydney Bridge

So, therefore I thought that it would be appropriate that the first couple of posts of my blog shall be on the centre of the biggest city of Australia - a cosmopolitan city which offers a rich diversity of food.

As we (bf and I) were staying near Darling Harbour, it is only inevitable that we will be walking along the streets of Chinatown looking for cheap and delicious food (We find that Sydney offers a much more variety of food for bigger servings and at lower prices than the ones in Melbourne).



Our atttention were immediately drawn upon a young chap who was making Hontous, behind a large window display. which we delightfully associated it with the famous Dorayaki in Doraemon.


Left to right: Cheese, Red Bean and Green Tea

We tried both cheese and red bean hontous as we don't really like the slight bitter taste that is usually associated with green tea. They were an absolute delight, slightly crispy on the outside with chewy soft centre. In the middle would be the savoury melting cheese or the sweet red bean.

It is goooood.

Now I know why Doraemon seems to be addicted to them.


No comments: